cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooverman
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

FTTP

I now have FTTP installed and all if working fine. My question is that I have had my landline phone unplugged for nearly 3 years as the only reason it was there was to provide a line for my copper broadband. I now have FTTP so have no need whatsoever for this line now or the payment that goes with it. Can I tell BT to disconnect my copper landline and save myself £19 a month in the process?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP

You are still paying the rental for the FTTP link, and the phone line that goes with it, even if you do not plug a phone into the ONT.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP

AFAIK , you have to have line rental , even if you have FTTP , and the old copper pair is only providing the telephony, if you cease the copper pair phone service , you may well find that the FTTP will also cease as there isn't a 'phone number' associated with it from a billing point of view

....if you were in a new build rather than an overlay FTTP area, there wouldn't be a copper pair alongside the fibre, but there would still be 'line rental' on the bill.

If you wanted to get rid of the copper pair, you could move the phone service to FVA but it's not the case you can save the line rental money by doing so.
There are trials for stand alone broadband, but much like Virgin Media's pricing structure. you may well find that even if you eventually can get BT stand alone broadband , it will be no cheaper that BT phone and BT broadband combined.

0 Ratings