cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swindonboy
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Does anyone know if BT are likley to begn selling FTTPOD to residential customers once the pricing structure changes in February ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTPOD

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, its always been available to residential customers if they were prepared to pay the high cost.

Swindonboy
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hmm   I thought only a couple of neiche providers were in the market and BT would give Business quotes but not residential.   Still only a few days or weeks now until we can figure out if  FTTPOD will be beome any more attracivly priced. Hopefully moving from a pricing postion that was excessive to most to a more acceptabe Premium Priced instalion cost.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Swindonboy
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks I have read that before but different people have interpreted it differently so we will have to wait for some real examples ie someone being say 500m from a cabinet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

FTTP isn't delivered from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Swindonboy
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I thought the PON would be the nearest cabinrt where there is fibre 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Its a separate infrastructure. See http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttp.htm

0 Ratings
Swindonboy
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks very much 

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@Swindonboywrote:
Thanks I have read that before but different people have interpreted it differently so we will have to wait for some real examples ie someone being say 500m from a cabinet

I am in Band B (200-399m) and my original installation quote with Cerberus FFTPoD was £2K+vat - under the new pricing this is now £7K+vat so much more expensive.  Other people have had quotes for £30-40K.  You would need to ask for a quote as you won't know how far the nearest aggregation node is - it won't be the cabinet - it could be nearer or further away to your house.

0 Ratings