cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

False Promises

I have been on the Infinity 2 package since May 2019. 

The speed has always been below the promised stay fast speed up until about two weeks ago and I have had four engineer visits, the last being this Monday. Once I was told an engineer would turn up on a Friday and he did not turn up at all. This Monday 3rd Feb 2020 the engineer knocked on my door in between 08:00 and 08:30 to diagnose disconnects. I was not informed of any visit and received an email on the day at about 08:50 to inform me that an engineer would visit. He could not find any faults and I still have had disconnects. Everything internally has been replaced and the internal wiring is all OK. The previous engineer visit resolved the sync speed and below stay fast speed issues but made the connection unstable.

I have also had ongoing issues with HD on BT TV box losing signal so have to use SD. Digital aerial is OK and does not lose signal on TV using HD.

I have been promised that I can leave BT without paying an exit fee but every time I phone up they lie to me promising a call back which never materialises. I have also been advised that I should receive compensation for below stay fast speed and BT TV problems but this also never  materialises.  They also send me through to faults who do the same tests everytime and this is driving me crazy. BT you have gone downhill and do not listen to the customer. I wish I stayed with PlusNet now as did not have a single issue and speed was much higher. 

Please sort out my compensation for bad services, in which you have had faults logged since August 2019 and also I logged issues via chat before August. I would also like to change ISP with penalty and not be lied to by your staff.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: False Promises

Just had someone from India on phone saying compensation does not apply as all working fine now. I have basically been paying for borderline Infinity 1 speeds and they say it's acceptable. Problem is every time I log a fault, it is then closed. You do not get a gas engineer take 9 months to repair your heating.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@KellyJD 

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

in addition to checker results can you post stats from hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings