cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Fast BT Wholesale speed test but very slow and patchy internet

as the hub 4 still needs the Openreach modem a hub 4 ill not show any vdsl stats only the hub 5 or an unlocked modem will show them
0 Ratings
rlcoach
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Ah, I didn't realise that. I got the 4 as I wanted something cheap to show whether the problem is with bt or my router.

Bt diagnostics won't work without the by home hub and by support won't consider the fault is with them whilst I have a third party router.

Considered getting the ty home hub 5 but thought it would be inferior to the airport express and quite an old hub, with the Bt smart hub release imminent.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

the hub5 would have been your best bet as you can get all the stats from that that are needed the hub6 is still under its trail period however a few have been sent out when contracts have been renewed recently

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

the hub 4 is even older than the 5 which was developed for infinity self installs
0 Ratings
rlcoach
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

I only plan to run the hub to prove whether it is BT or my router at fault, and then plan to not use it again. That is why I went for the 4 instead of the 5 as there was a big difference in price, when I may only use it for a few hours.
0 Ratings