cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fast Fibre Braodband seems ok

Hi Guys i just had full fibre fitted in my house and it seems pretty good,  i live in a rural area and it all comes along the poles, several people in the village have it, my download speed is 165mb which i think is pretty good, upload about 50 i guess, ping about 5 seconds, its full fibre no wires at all, i couldn't believe how thin the fibre was, its about the size of a human hair, i have one box outside the house and one box inside the house with a lead to the router, the only drawback i have found si the wi-fi to the laptop from the router cuts speed down a lot, its about 65mb at the laptop, but that could be because the laptop is about 12 years old and maybe the wi-fi card isn't up to it, it's fast enough for what i want, all in all pretty good...on wire i was getting about 6mb at the laptop...cheers from Fred in Essex.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fast Fibre Braodband seems ok

Enjoy, nice to see a good news post, generally those motivated to post are generally with stories of bad service which tends to give the impression that everything goes wrong, when in fact the vast majority have good service.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fast Fibre Braodband seems ok

Yes ok thanks, the price isn't too bad either, about £60 a month, i think that includes line rental, which i used to pay separately, but they tell me its now included in the package and i don't lose any discount...i think i have the smarthub 3, i asked what shall i do with the old one and the one before that and they said just throw them way, seems a bit wasteful as its only a year old, the trouble i had this time and last time was making my wi fi camera work, but all that was is you have to put the camera right next to the router to get it to work on wi fii, then you put it back up and it keeps working the only other thing i had to do was alter the settings in the camera program...from Fred Nr Chelmsford.

0 Ratings