cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sim2kuk2001
Message 1 of 8

Fast download speed but very slow web browsing

Hi all,

Ive had BT fibre optic installed as i could never watch netflix and browse on the internet at the same time on regular broadband. So when i run a speed test its showing 78mbs download with abouth 19mbs upload. However every page a go on is taking about 30seconds to open even google.

Any ideas?

Thanks simon

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fast download speed but very slow web browsing

hi

can you run the speed test again and post the screen shots. please run using ethernet cable.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/  after the first test run further diagnostics by entering phone number in top box.

also run this https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

i had similar problems when first installed due to contractor refusing to move my hub upstairs so i had to run on wifi.

even though at the time i was getting 30-40mbps it seemed slower than my previous 6mbps standard broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

are you normally connecting wired or wireless?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
skidzboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I would msay this has more to do with pc graphics and pc itself rather than your dsl speed

If i am wrong i will appologies now

0 Ratings
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

it wasnt for me.

clevo gaming laptop i7 quad / 16gb ram / 680gtx gpu / 512 ssd

infinity2 install - post on a forum sometimes upto a minute. facebook refresh 2 minutes etc

0 Ratings
sim2kuk2001
Message 6 of 8

Sorry guys for not replying sooner, to be honest fibre optic is really bad atm. brosing is extreamly slow and my smart tv's are constantly losing connection. It is slower brosing now than when i was on standard broardband. dont know if this info helps.BT Home Hub Manager - Information for Helpdesk agents.png

0 Ratings
sim2kuk2001
Message 7 of 8

ADSL Checker.png

0 Ratings
sim2kuk2001
Message 8 of 8

BTW Performance Test.png

0 Ratings