Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Faster Unlimited broadband & BT infinity

Hi
I was on faster unlimited broadband, then I was told by BT they no longer provide the faster unlimited broadband and was getting about 19 mb and my line profile showed 21mb or so. As I was going to renew my contract I was told if I moved over to BT infinity I would either have the same or slightly faster connection. After upgrading my line profile is now only 15-16 mb . I haven’t even moved house and nothing has changed. I raised a complaint but I get no updates about what’s going on. It is shocking. They have sent open reach out several times and either they say to put me on lower speed fibre as it may help with distance or then increase my line to 80mb and see if it changes anything. I don’t to speed up my broadband to 80mb to get a minor increase but the pay the same rate as someone who gets more speed as that does not appear to be fair

What is the difference between faster unlimited broadband vs BT infinity or fibre as it’s now known ?

Can they move to a closer cab ? As the houses on either side around me are on a different cab ?

I need someone from BT to get back to me or update me. As it’s a constant chase with no information
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Faster Unlimited broadband & BT infinity

faster broadband was  basically infinity 1 but for customers where expected speed would be less than 15mb.  some like yourself were obviously able to get slightly better than 15mb which was good.  moving to superfast fibre should not make any difference to your conenction speed and will not boost what you were currently getting under faster broadband

there is no question of openreach moving you to a different cabinet so you can get a faster broadband connection - this has been covered many times on the forum 

post stats from your router  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number    https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

It could be that you're on a Huawei cab, and G.INP and/or 3 dB was active on your line, but when you migrated to the new product, a DLM reset was performed, removing those two benefits. I would wait a few weeks, and hopefully the speed will increase back to where it was.

The broadband packages are advertised as "up to" for a very good reason, as the speed you get depends on the length and quality of the wiring between the router and the cabinet.

Unlimited faster broadband is advertised to those who are estimated to receive less that ~20 Mb downstream/~2 Mb upstream.

Openreach are very unlikely to move your line to a nearer cab. They normally only do this if moving several lines.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@Letmeboogey wrote:
Hi
I was on faster unlimited broadband, then I was told by BT they no longer provide the faster unlimited broadband and was getting about 19 mb and my line profile showed 21mb or so. As I was going to renew my contract I was told if I moved over to BT infinity I would either have the same or slightly faster connection. After upgrading my line profile is now only 15-16 mb . I haven’t even moved house and nothing has changed. I raised a complaint but I get no updates about what’s going on. It is shocking. They have sent open reach out several times and either they say to put me on lower speed fibre as it may help with distance or then increase my line to 80mb and see if it changes anything. I don’t to speed up my broadband to 80mb to get a minor increase but the pay the same rate as someone who gets more speed as that does not appear to be fair

What is the difference between faster unlimited broadband vs BT infinity or fibre as it’s now known ?

Can they move to a closer cab ? As the houses on either side around me are on a different cab ?

I need someone from BT to get back to me or update me. As it’s a constant chase with no information

Nothing.

0 Ratings