cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Faster upload speed

I have BT fibre, (FTTC), FTTP is not available in my area. I get a download speed of around 40Mbps, but an upload speed of 7Mbps.

I work from home and work in the field of TV and Film VFX, so regularly need to upload large amounts of data.

Is there any way I can increase my upload speed, as this is now becoming a bone of contention with my employer.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Faster upload speed

@paul_round wrote:

I have BT fibre, (FTTC), FTTP is not available in my area. I get a download speed of around 40Mbps, but an upload speed of 7Mbps.

I work from home and work in the field of TV and Film VFX, so regularly need to upload large amounts of data.

Is there any way I can increase my upload speed, as this is now becoming a bone of contention with my employer.

Fibre 2 would give you a faster upload speed, but only if your line is capable of it.

Check to see what to expect with your connection.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Please edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

This is what I get.

BT_1.jpgBT_2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

As you are getting less than 10Mbps now, changing package won't increase your upload speed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@paul_round 

You are too far away from the cabinet to get a faster speed.

Unless your employer is going to pay for FTTP on demand which costs thousands for installation, then you are stuck with that speed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

If your employer wishes you to work from home, they will need to provide the necessary infrastructure rather than rely on a domestic connection.

Message 7 of 8

@paul_round 

What's your 4G availability like?

If you get good speeds on 4G then a 4G modem/router with unlimited 4G data might be a viable option and not overly expensive.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Sadly, similar speeds to my broadband.

0 Ratings