cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bbop
Message 1 of 5

Fastpath

Go to solution

Trying to reduce my pings/latency.  How can I check or request to have FastPath enabled on my account?
I spoke to BT technical and the guy said he'd worked there for ages and never heard of it. He called through to connections but they said they couldn't help. He said best place to ask is on the community board (where I can see some of the helpful mods have switched on FastPath for some customers). Many thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fastpath

Go to solution

are you sure it was fibre connection where mods change lateny fast as I suspect you were reading copper/adsl connection post where mods could change latency - not fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bbop
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

That was the one thing I was wondering about. Tech and connections team didn't know and said here was place to ask. So maybe it's not relevant...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Bbop I'm afraid  fastpath is not an option we can choose for FTTC connections. The default option is set to Automatic and DLM will decide which interleaving option is best suited for your line.

0 Ratings
Bbop
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know.
For anyone else interested in this topic here's the useful info (didn't locate this page until after raising query)
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8547/~/what-is-interleaving%3F-what-are-its-pros-and-...