cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fault not fixed and mini hub gets turned off EVERY day

I have an open fault which could not be fixed by a visiting engineer. Something in the street needs to be resolved by OpenReach apparently. My broadband service is interrupted at least once an hour, making it nigh on impossible to work from home. The Track your fault section of the website gives me no information and is worthless. I pay for Halo (mini Hub) but have been going through the same charade every day of me calling to ask for it to be turned on, only to receive a text the next day saying it has been turned off because the fault is 'fixed'. Repeat this x15 and see how frustrating it is. Today, due to 'weather problems' its actually impossible to call the BT service line.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fault not fixed and mini hub gets turned off EVERY day

do you actually have a connection although it may drop out at times?

halo mini hub is for total loss of service

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Perfect BT attitude to customer service....I should expect nothing less.

A service that drops every hour kicking me out of my work environment and any Zoom call I'm on - is effectively No Service - it certainly isn't what I paid for. 

I completely disagree with your assessment of Halo Mini Hub as something that I should be grateful for when the service is zero. I have an open fault that has not been fixed and no ETA when it will be. Why wouldn't BT just leave the Mini Hub on until it is resolved? BT instead prefers to have me wasting my time calling up each day asking for a Halo service which I have already paid for.

I got though to someone on the phone last night after an hour. They booked a second engineer to come and look at the problem today between 8am and 1pm - they haven't shown up. Outstanding BT........

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Existential question......

No, not why am I here? Although Freud would no doubt help us understand this most profound of human dilemmas. Something very specific to BT.....

Why is this forum here?

Could it be that BT's service is so poor, and the chances of speaking to an actual person on the phone is so low...that a self help group is really the only option to try to pacify it's disgruntled customers. 

One to ponder as I sit here with my faulty broadband, 90 minutes on hold, and no sign of the BT engineer who should have arrived this morning....

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @marcus9999,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I have moved all your posts onto the one thread to keep them together. I'm sorry to hear that the engineer didn't show up for this mornings appointment. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you but it will take a few days for us to get back to you as we work all cases in the order they are received. I have sent you a message with more information.

Thanks

Matt 

0 Ratings