cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Fault reported online (broadband speed), engineer booked. BT cancelled the appointment, faulty still

Hi,

On  BT Inifinty 2, Connection had been stable at 80mbps for many months. 

For the past 3 months has been consistently showing:

Data Rate:66.919 Mb/s / 19.978 Mb/s
Max. Attainable Data Rate (ATTNDR):73.170 Mb/s / 23.861 Mb/s
Latency:0.19 ms / 0.0 ms
Line Attenuation (LATN):9 dB / 7 dB
Signal Attenuation (SATN):9 dB / 7 dB
Noise Margin (SNR):7 dB / 7 dB
Aggregate Transmit Power(ACTATP):-8 dB / 13 dB

my adsl checker record:

FireShot Capture 089 - ADSL Checker - https___www.btwholesale.com_includes_adsl_main.html.jpg

BT state, 72-80 expected speed, 67+ guaranteed when I speak to them.

I've been monitoring this for the past 3 months, the 7db SNR is constant.  I think a DLM reset is needed.

8th August. I used the online report a fault and in the checks it does it detected an issue between Bt networks and my router went ahead and booked an engineer visit. 

12th August, BT cancelled the appointment.   I later received a voicemail message stating "The fault will be resolved within 48 hours. the fault is an external fault on bt's network. An engineer is not required so I'm going ahead and cancelling the engineer. this fault will be resolved within 48 hours."

If I track my fault online, it says that on the 12th august I told Bt that my fault was fixed! 

The fault is exactly the same, i never said it was fixed.

Where do i go from here, everytime I speak to someone from the 'help' team they say I'm connected and my fault is fixed?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Fault reported online (broadband speed), engineer booked. BT cancelled the appointment, faulty s

Any chance a MOD could look into what fault was found, wether it has been fixed and why my appointment was cancelled?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Re: Fault reported online (broadband speed), engineer booked. BT cancelled the appointment, faulty s

No one can help me?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

ANYONE?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 21

@silentflyer sorry the engineer visit was cancelled and that the issue persists.

By the sound of it, your minimum guaranteed speed is 67Mbs.

Can you go here and click on the "Test my broadband speed" link? You'll then need your BT ID to log in. Please can you post back your results so we can review them.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Thanks for replying,

It won't let me do anything else, I cannot test my speed from this page.

I also reinterate, I have never told anyone the fault was fixed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Bt Wholesale tests:  

res.png

and here is the speeds bit from the order when I recontracted in April 2018

order.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Just for background, the drop from 80Mbs coincided with a series of power cuts over the course of a week or so, I've waited for my speed to recover but after more than 3 months at the current level I think its stuck.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 21

@silentflyer Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Thanks NeilO, message sent.

0 Ratings