Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Fault reporting and contact

Go to solution

How is it so difficult for a customer to contact BT by telephone to report a fault with their broadband service? Surely an organisation the size of BT should be able to sort this issue out.

I have spent all morning messing about on computers attempting to get to the bottom of this but am no further forward - other than an appreciation that others are just as frustrated as I am.

This morning I had no infinity2 service. It was working last night, it wasn't this morning. Rebooting the router (a HH5) didn't fix anything so obviously there was a problem either with the router or the line in.

Fortunately the problem sorted itself out later in the morning so, when I had a little time available AND had access to the internet, I set about making a note of the number for fault reports should I ever need it again. I should add at this point that I used to be with Virgin and in the event of any problems with any of their services the first step was a simple call to 150, it couldn't have been easier.

I feel BT have a lot to learn about service! What a fiasco this morning has been. I can't find a number to call. I can find some very condescending advice about making sure that all appropriate bits are plugged in - clearly not applicable in my case unless the gremlins have been around overnight - but I checked everything anyway. I found a very useful piece of advice that suggested that I go online to search and see why the internet wasn't working - I'm still trying to fathom out how to achieve that particular miracle.

I've found pages and pages of advice on configuration issues and PC setup - again totally useless in my case (unless the gremlins have been out again!) and I've found loads of posts on this forum that refer either to specific queries or simply a vehicle for someone to vent their spleen at BT.

But, I haven't found an answer.

Simply put, is there a number to call to report a fault with BT Infinity? (and if there is, why isn't it easier to find? Because I'm fed up of looking now and I don't think it should be SO hard to find)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fault reporting and contact

Go to solution

Broadband Helpdesk Number 0800 111 4567

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fault reporting and contact