Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Fault reporting

Go to solution

I found an "open" fault dated 31 Jan about my phone line on the BT page when I went to run a speed test yesterday

I don't remember raising the phone line as a fault but no matter I tried to mark it as closed/fixed but the page won't let me do this as it seems BT are investigating the "none existant" problem with my phone line.

What can I do ?

Or, should I just ignore this until BT get around to doing whatever they are going to do ?

D*ck.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fault reporting

Go to solution

If a common fault occurs which is going to affect a large number of customers, an automatic fault report is added to all affected customers accounts, so that if a customer complains, the helpdesk can see that its a common fault, when they look at your account.

This saves lots of extra fault reports being raised, and a lot of wasted time.

When the common fault has been cleared, then all those faults reports should be closed off automatically. In your case, this does not appear to have happened.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @dcdick,

Faults can get logged when you test it online and stay in an open state for a few working days. Would you like me to close this for you? I'll be able to see how it was raised or why.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for picking this up Daniel

Close it please

I now think it may have been raised when I was experiencing multiple "drop outs" which would fit the timing

My connection (bb) has been normal now for 3 weeks which seems to have coincided with the lack of openreach activity at the cabinet serving me after seeing a lot of activity there during this time (3 vans at one time)

The landline worked normally during all this & continues to do so

Hope this may be helpful

Cheers

D*ck 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me @dcdick.

We don't seem to have your details any more. Can you drop them to me? You can find our contact link by viewing my profile again. Let me know when you've done it and I'll close it off.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Info posted to you Daniel

Cheers

D*ck

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

That's closed for you now @dcdick.

Looks like it was automatically raised when you ran diagnostics on the 3rd if that's familiar.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel

The 3rd was when I noticed the open fault & yes I did a bb speed test on that date so perhaps that's what you are seeing.

As part of my contact renewal negotiations I actually signed for a different provider to focus BT into offering me a better deal (which they did) & the new BT contract I accepted would have activated itself on the 3rd ( I think) although there was no interuption in my service.

That could well explain the lack of details available to you ?

Happy to mark this as solved

Thank you

D*ck