Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 24

Faulty faceplate?

Hi

If I have a faulty faceplate - as supplied by openreach a few years ago, would this be replaced free of charge?

(asking on behalf of some relatives)

From: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Openreach-master-socket-MK1-or-MK2/td-p/123...

It seems to be the first one.

Symptoms are:

crackling phone line - sometimes very bad

bb dropping a number of times a day

BT have got them to remove only the lower part of the faceplate and connect the phone to the test socket and after taking a little while to settle it now works fine, without any crackling.

The BB is still connected to the upper part of the faceplate and it still disconnects a number of times a day.

There is no extension wiring behind the master socket.

thanks!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Faulty faceplate?

Have you tried using a filter in test socket then connect both router and phone to filter in test socket and see if that improves thingsg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 24

@imjolly wrote:

Have you tried using a filter in test socket then connect both router and phone to filter in test socket and see if that improves things

Hi

I had thought of getting them to do that but I don't think they have a microfilter to hand - I'm just providing remote support!

I'm going to send them a couple of microfilters.

I think they have Openreach due out in a day or so - hopefully to replace the faceplate. It does sound like a faulty faceplate, yes?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 24

No, it sounds like a noisey line fault which will cause the internet to drop.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 24

Filtered faceplates can sometimes be faulty & sometimes it is more reliable to use an ordinary NTE5A + a dangler.

Message 6 of 24

Front plates very rarely go faulty.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 24

Mine did straight away! Maybe not "go" but more like "come" :smileywink:.

Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 24

I think @Keith_Beddoe indicated that these split front plates can become faulty...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

They can go faulty but not a regular thing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

@Telecom89 wrote:

I think @Keith_Beddoe indicated that these split front plates can become faulty...

It usually happens after a storm, internal active components break down, as they are far too complex.

This is a much simpler device with only passive components.

LINDY VDSL2 Microfilter Faceplate

LINDY VDSL2 Microfilter Faceplate

0 Ratings