cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fiber 900 & BT Voice - Draytek Router

Good Afternoon,

I wonder if someone can help.

Due to the current situation I'm working from home and the BT router doesn't cut what we require. We're currently utilising a BT Fiber 900 Connection which includes BT Voice. I spoke with a BT Rep to enquire if we were able swap out the BT box for a 3rd Party Router (namely Draytek Virgor 2862n) and also asked if a change of router would affect the BT Voice function. I was told it wasn't a problem the BT voice wouldn't be effected as "It just uses a wifi connection". She was even as kind enough to email me the required settings.

So here comes my surprise when it didn't work! Firstly, we're only achieving 250-300mbps on a line that with BT hub connected (or at-least purports) is achieving 900mbps. Secondly, the BT Voice Handset just states "Base not available" 

Why isn't isn't the line achieving minimum speed with the Draytek router? Also how can I get the phone working without the BT router?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fiber 900 & BT Voice - Draytek Router

the SH2 is a dect base station for the digital phones and needs to be connected for the phone to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

As I'm assuming I can just keep it as an "access point" and just connect a ethernet cable from a port on the Draytek to the WAN port on the hub?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Only one way to find out, give it a try. Let us know if it works.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I seem to think that has been tried before and doesn't work.

0 Ratings