Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Fiber Broadband dropping 15 to 20 times a day

That does not look like the logs from a home hub?

You really need to show those, because that looks like an authentication issue, as there is no evidence of any loss of DSL.

The HH6 logs should give a bit more info.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Those are the HH6 log data copy/pasted into this message. An export of the logs using the 'Save' routing generates a comma seperated value file way to big to upload here. Maybe someone could suggest how to handle the CSV file for this forum? 

Splitting hairs aside, my patience with BT and Openreach being less than zero now, if it is not VDSL drops what is disrupting my service?

I have to say it became farcical yesterday when at around 3pm I was on the phone to support having dialed 150 from my Openreach declared non-faulty land line to get an update on the problem when a number of loud clicks and pops followed by total loss of my line telegraphed to me that my line was being tampered with. I dashed round to cabinet in the 2 minutes it takes to get there and lo a behold an Openreach engineer was in there. When I got home guess what? No land line - broadband was still active albeit at half speed but my phone was dead. So disrupting other peoples service and swapping polarity on other peoples lines and/or untapping the 48v is now all part of the Openreach service.

I've had with this useless cabal of crooks. You cannot deliver a service without an enormous amount of inconvenience and fuss but yet never seem to offer anything other than the full invoince monthly even when your customers have been seriously disrupted for weeks on end. Here are 3 major reasons for me to have lost all faith in BT and Openreach:

1. It took 4 months of badgering and pleading with BT and on this forum for me to finally get the Infinity 2 service I was paying for at my previous address.

2. BT totally messed up my home move and blatantly lied about why they couldn't connect me on the due date - allegedly due to there being no BT phone line to property, I had dialed 150 from the property and was actually talking to the agent who made that ludicrous statement on the very line she insisted didn't exist! This was clearly a crude and unsubtle method for BT to avoid honouring the Customer Service Guarantee compensation due to me.

3. I was only offered a minimum of 6mbps ADSL, I got 3mbps even though Fiber was available.

4. I was told I could only have basic Fiber when 'upgrading' to Fiber ( I was a current Infinity 2 customer who moved house). Nobody mentioned I would lose all but two of my virus protection licenses. Thanks for that one.

5. I have a garanteed minimum speed of 27Mbps which has varied from 5Mbps to 36Mbps throughout the last 3 months.

6. In the last 3 week I have suffered loss of service between 15 and 20 times a day and BT, despite there being no line fault, send out an Openreach line engineer who apologised as he could not diagnose a broadband failt but decleared the line perfect.

7. Openreach are disrupting my service daily and BT have not offered me anything other than assurance they fail to meet and platitudes.

That's 7 good reasons to complain to Ofcom. Give me 1 good reason not to?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

probably best reason is that OFCOM wont deal with individual complaints but will note your letter  you need a deadlock letter before OFCOM will take a look at your individual case

as @Keith_Beddoe there is nothing in the logs which shows drop in internet connection after a specific time usually in seconds and then a re-connection with down/up speed and noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings