cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Fiber Connection Dropping Out

Hello I'm wondering if anyone is having this problem or if it's the BT Side of things?

For the last 2 weeks ever evening at 9pm my connection keeps dropping for about 2mins which is annoying.

Anyone here from BT be able to look into this?

Thanks

Rob

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fireber Connection Dropping Out

If connection is dropping about same time nightly that would suggest something local and more than likely in your home.  Do you have anything that switches on or off about that time. Something like a central heating boiler can be arcing and causing electrical interference causing router to drop

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi as far as I know we have nothing that effects that.

The Broadband runs off a separate line on a Socket 5c right next to my computer and straight out to the main junction socket of my house.

We have to house phones on a separate line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Sorry do you mean you have 2 phone lines into your home - broadband on one and landline on another line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yes that's right.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

So if 2 separate phone lines with different phone numbers did you check the broadband line with a phone for noise?

0 Ratings