cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Fiber to premises fault

Hi there

Hoping you can help here after, having no luck with phonecalls and engineer visits. 

3 houses on my road, mine included, have lost our Internet signal .  We are all fiber to premises customers and all lost our service on Thursday morning. 

We've been through all the standard procedures and had both bt and open reach engineers out. 

The engineers have been unable to fix the issue and the open reach guy said the issue would be flagged for open reach to fix within 24 hours.  This has gone and gone with my neighbors fault now flagged as fixed without the issue actually being resolved .

We really need someone on the open reach side to get the fault resolved for the three affected houses ( my engineer today felt it was likely an issue with something being changed over somewhere and our connections now pointing to the wrong server or something). 

BT gave me an open reach number to call but it turned out to just be the damage reporting line and they insisted that they could not work directly with me and that BT had to deal with them directly (at odds with what BT told me on the phone).

We are at our wits end here and feel stuck in a computer says no loop.   Would really appreciate it if someone at BT could take ownership of the issue for us and resolve it.  We have more engineer bookings in place but no real hope that they will be able to do anything when the first ones have not been able to. 

Thanks

Jake 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Fiber to premises fault

What lights on the Ont are lit up/flashing?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Tel 1 no light 

Port

1 on mostly with intermittent flash

Los no light 

Pon solid light 

Power solid light 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

That’s as it should be then, what about the router? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Solid orange light

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

It would have been an extraordinary coincidence for 3 routers, each in a different houses, to all go down at the same time. This has to be an issue with the fibre optic cable or its connections.
Why do BT flag issues as resolved when they're clearly not? It seems like they routinely do this at the end of each working day, regardless of whether the issues have actually been fixed.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Yes frustrating,  trying to actually speak to anyone that can get this resolved is proving impossible so far.  Does this forum provide access to anyone that can get it resolved for us? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Solid PON light means the Openreach connections are okay. If they tried a profile rebuild and that failed then it’s back to the provider to deal with.

It could be a result from a firmware update with the ONT that’s not gone right (a pin reset on the ONT or an ONT may fix that) or possibly a CP link that has gone down that will need looking in to by the correct team.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

The open reach engineer that came out to my friends house mentioned CP. They said it would be chased up and fixed within 24 hours.  His case with BT is now marked fixed despite the fact that still nothing is working for any of the 3 affected houses. 

Is there any way I can get to speak to whomever might be able to fix the fault for us- when I talk to the BT call centers I just get scripted style responses that get us no closer to a fix. They are helpful but don't seem to have any power to achieve a fix. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

CP = communication provider , so presumably BT in this case , assuming the OP is correct in stating that the 3 affected are all BT Consumer customers, and their are some neighbours that are on the same PON but using other CP’s ( like Sky , Vodafone etc ) that are still working …..a ‘cable link’ or the equipment on the backhaul ( where the Openreach infrastructure interfaces with the CP infrastructure ) may well be the culprit, other CP’s cable links are not the same as BT’s cable links that may explain only BT customers being affected , as stated the Openreach ‘network’ side seems to be OK judging by the solid PON light on the customers ONT