cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
murphyb93
Message 1 of 6

Fiber unavailable at my address but is available at all other properties in my street of terraced ho

I have done some extensive searching and used multiple ISP checkers online and spoken to an advisor or two over the phone about this issue, they seem to all say that it is a port unavailability issue but different online checkers have different results such as now TV won't provide broadband at all but will to all neighbors , sky will only provide not standard ADSL, while bt checker says fiber is available when checking out it tells me the product is unavailable, to me this sounds like more of an issue with our property rather than unavailability of a port could someone please shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fiber unavailable at my address but is available at all other properties in my street of terrace

Welcome to this user forum. @murphyb93 

Do you have a working BT Retail phone line?

You need a working phone line first, to get an accurate result. The network is provided by Openreach.

0 Ratings
murphyb93
Message 3 of 6

Re: Fiber unavailable at my address but is available at all other properties in my street of terrace

Unfortunately I could not check this over the phone with customer support , we recently moved into another property there is a BT marked phone socket but we do not know if there is an active phone line or not
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@murphyb93 wrote:
Unfortunately I could not check this over the phone with customer support , we recently moved into another property there is a BT marked phone socket but we do not know if there is an active phone line or not

That Openreach socket will not be active. You will need to order a phone line first, as all providers have access to the same Openreach fibre cabinets. Once the phone line is active, then you will be able to see what broadband options are available.

You will have to select a Service Provider.

Bear in mind that this is a BT Retail customer forum, and can only help if you are placing an order for a phone line from BT Retail.

If you chose a different provider, then you will have to post on their user forum.

0 Ratings
murphyb93
Message 5 of 6

I understand that thank you just wanted to find a more appropriate response that made sense to the issue at hand thank you for your help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@murphyb93 wrote:
I understand that thank you just wanted to find a more appropriate response that made sense to the issue at hand thank you for your help

As its Openreach that provide the capacity, nobody on this BT Retail forum would be able to offer much help, as BT Retail have nothing to do with Openreach.

If you place an order for a phone line from BT Retail, and need more advice at a later date, then please post back on this user forum.

0 Ratings