cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre 1 appears to be capped at 40mb?

Go to solution

Hi,

I know there seems to be a lot of people asking the same question and I've read some of the previous answers but I'm non the wiser!

Essentially I believe that I should be getting around 52mb download but my router seems to be capped at 40mb.

Part of the reason I pay the "BT premium" is that their standard fibre is capped at 55mb rather than the usual 40mb. Is there a chance I'm on a legacy profile or is it just DLM?

For background I've just moved house and ported my package over to my new address. The new address was initially a nest of extension cables so have recently had a new master socket installed. This new installation has improved my max attainable speed to 52mb from 30mb but my sync rate is exactly 40mb.

Is there any way of checking what profile I'm on? I'm not sure if the installation engineer requested a DLM reset when he installed the new socket.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre 1 appears to be capped at 40mb?

Go to solution

Hub stats...

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 22 Hours 3 Minutes 19 Seconds

Data rate:

8.59 Mbps / 40.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

8587 / 51818

Noise margin:

6.6 dB / 6.8 dB

Line attenuation:

43 dB

Signal attenuation:

27.7 dB / 43 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

have you been having connection problems with hub dropping connection or maybe manual resets trying to improve speed or maybe both

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Screenshot_20210501-133915~2.png

Thanks for your reply.

In answer to your question - no I've had no issues but the new line has only been in 24 hours 😂

I suppose I was just expecting my actual speed to improve at the same time as my "max available" speed. It did but only up to a new value of 40mb 🤷‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Is there any way to check if I am on a 40mb profile?

The more I think about it the more it seems like I'm being capped.

According to the openreach stats the previous max download speed before I had the master socket moved was 29mb/s but now  I'm syncing at 40mb/s. So the performance has improved but I'm not getting all that the line appears to be capable of.

Apologies if there is something else in play that I don't understand.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@kevinpaulwest I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed. It does appear to be stuck at 40Mb and we'll be happy to get that looked into.

I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details, you'll get the message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community forum website.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Excellent work by Neil on this one - very impressed 👍

All seems as expected now.

0 Ratings