cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Fibre 1 broadband speed below guaranteed minimum

They have their own test unit which costs about 3 times the price of a hub. They will test the speed to the property.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

OK, so sounds like it should all be outside, which is good. I was wondering why don't BT ask you to run the broadbandchecker, so they can check the results before they visit? Also can anybody tell me what the results say as I don't understand them at all? 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@Corrwrote:

OK, so sounds like it should all be outside, which is good. I was wondering why don't BT ask you to run the broadbandchecker, so they can check the results before they visit? Also can anybody tell me what the results say as I don't understand them at all? 

They don't need to know the result of the checker. They can access the hub and see what the connection is.

The top line of the checker shows the speeds estimated for your line.

Further down it shows that on 7/1/21 your download speed was 8mb.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Thank you for explaining, so looking at the results I should be getting up to 32. 1 mbps, which I don't think we have ever had, or even 20! , currently we get around 10/11

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Just found out that today's visit is going to be from Qube and not a BT engineer - just wondering if there is any point?! Does anybody know the checks Qube do? 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

So Qube engineer came today (no telephone call beforehand to discuss option of contactless visit or to ask if anyone in the household had symptoms). He tested the line (which had already been done twice, by us and BT CS). He did a download sped test (which we had already done and BT CS). He then rang BT to do a broadband check and during the phonecall he was told it looked like there was a cap on the line and the job has now been escalated. An openreach engineer is due out tomorrow to do something at the cabinet (but we were told may knock on the door for some reason)

In my opinion, the visit today from Qube was a waste of my time, their time and in the current climate of Covid completely unnecessary and risky. I am surprised BT haven't adjusted their procedures to make home visits only if essential (as they say they do on their website). It seems today was just a tick box exercise to move us onto the next step in the process (escalation).

0 Ratings