cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre 1 speed on Fibre 2 package?

Should I maintain the connection for a few days with the test socket & microfilter or just connect to the master socket?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

I would leave it in test socket as that eliminates the master faceplate and internal wiring as a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 17

Ok, perfect. I will report back in a few days if anything improved. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I’m not sure that the difference in what Fibre 2 will provide is worth it , given the small download  increase over Fibre 1,  upload speed may never reach the 10Mb limit of  Fibre 1 let alone 20Mb….IMHO  the 55/10 profile may be better (price v performance) unless you are getting a deal and the price you are paying is the same for F2 as F1.
You may see some increase in speed if ( as stated ) 55Mb is a banded profile , but even if it is a banded speed and the banding is automatically removed after a while , any extra speed may not amount to much, was the upgrade your idea or were you advised it would be a worthwhile upgrade ?
Have you performed a quiet line test , if the line is noisy then fixing a noisy line may deliver speed gains but otherwise you could be paying for F2 when F1 would pretty much provide the same performance 

Message 15 of 17

The upgrade was my idea as switching from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 was only £0.75 extra per month, so it seemed like a no-brainer even if the speed increase would be minor. (only possible con was the contract renewal, which I honestly had no idea would happen as I thought that upgrading your speed wouldn't renew your contract automatically).
Yes, I did the quiet line test and there is no noise.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Here are the results after six days;

FewDays-TechnicalLog.pngFewDays-Speedtest.png

MyBT page is still showing the "normal available speeds" in the range of Fibre 1 and not Fibre 2 (don't know if that's important).

FewDays-MyBT.png

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

From stats you posted an upgrade for literally a few mbs on connection speed and even less on download and no change on up speed I would just stay with my current speed/contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.