cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre 1 speeds to Fibre 2 speeds not changed

As advised by @JohnC2 and for review of one of the Mods, please see below the stats from router and Broadband checker. I am posting this as I recently moved from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 with no increase in speed. This is stopping me having a second box in the house (although BT website says speeds more than 23mbps needed?) as well as receiving 4K content, something I also had before having to recontract initially, onto the new fibre and BTTV packages. Is it possible for my line to be looked to see if faster speeds can be supported?

See router stats and broadband checker results. Due to file limitation I have had to reduce the screenshot, and have removed the ALDL only information. Also when using the Broadband checker I have had to use my address. My telephone number comes back with an error of 

Screenshot_20220116-215724_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-215049_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-213534_Chrome.jpg

Apologies for the strwched screenshot, hopefully it is readable

Thanks in advance

Toby

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre 1 speeds to Fibre 2 speeds not changed

@Silvestert Hi Toby, thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having broadband speed problems.

Do you have any noise on your telephone line? Dial 17070 and choose option 2 from the menu "Quiet Line Test" it should be slient.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Neil, yes that comes back silent. To mention I have a BT provided VoiP phone

Thanks again

Toby

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Your upload speed is 14Mb, this is in excess of the 10Mb upload of Fibre 1 so chances are you are already on Fibre 2 , but your line stats currently suggest that Fibre 2 download may never get anywhere near the Fibre 2 limit of 80Mb, the prediction for the line is 53Mb to 78Mb , your router indicates a max attainable of 54Mb and sync of 46Mb , there is always a reduction in the sync speed compared to the max attainable, but overall your connection is slightly worse than the ( impacted ) predicted speed.

If you have DV ( digital voice ) then if 17070 and quiet line test option is available it’s of no use but that’s not to say there may not be an issue with the line , it’s just not necessarily easy to tell.

There  is nothing stopping you calling and reporting poor speed…if the line test indicates a line problem , an engineer visit should be arranged , if the test indicates no issues , that may be as good as your line gets.

If you haven’t already done so , you need to plug your router into the master socket test port ,to eliminate any possible issues with your internal wiring, or interstitial ( filtered ) faceplate  ( if you have one ).

It seems phone numbers will not be recognised on the DSL checker ,  if it’s now a DV number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Silvestert and thanks for the reply.

I think @iniltous is spot on here. It's worth reporting a slow speed fault to get it checked. It could be that you're getting the max possible but if not an engineer visit will sort it out. I can help with that if needed. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch if you need any help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings