cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre 1 versus Fibre 2

We have been on Fibre 2 for several years. Have just renewed but when order email arrived, it said Fibre 1. However, speeds quoted (66-73 and 16-18; 60 guaranteed) are same as previous Fibre 2 speeds. It appears we have lost cloud storage and anti virus facilities as a result of downgrade.

Why don’t BT quote like for like renewal prices first, before offering you a “better” deal, which it is not:  it is a downgrade (less for less money)?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre 1 versus Fibre 2

@JudithWar 

A few years ago BT upgraded some existing customers speeds from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 as a loyalty bonus - I was one of them - but still left them with Fibre 1 as the product & the Fibre 1 pricing structure.

Might that have been the case for you?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

No, we have always had a contract for Fibre 2. When renewing, they offered me a cheaper price (which turned out to be F1) but without telling me I would lose other Fibre 2 options.  I am now trying to find price to renew F2.  BT cannot do this until the F1 order has been processed! What a ponderous way of working 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

you could try the options team who may be able to help you get back to where your were but with BT systems that will not happen until your existing order completes  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings