cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Fibre 100 slowing down week by week

I've been a Fibre 100 with BT Halo 1 G.fast customer for a couple of months.

The first month was wasted as I was upgraded to the service but they didn't swap my socket in the house to the correct one and I was left with sporadic slow service and a struggling mini hub. I've now been running for 22 Days since my socket was upgraded by an Openreach engineer and I've not noticed any loss of service or major problems. I have noticed things getting slower though.

On day one my speed was a little over 144Mbps and performance excellent but I accepted the speed would alter as the service stabilised over the next 7 days.

The problem is that the speed is still going down. !40 to 120, to 110, to 88, 78 and now 74mbps. It just seems to keep reducing every few days. I've not rebooted the Smart 2 hub at all as I was told that could cause speed drops. At this rate it will be no faster than my old service within a few weeks.

Am I supposed to get a guaranteed 100Mbps? with this package? Is this a fault? It took a month to get the last engineer with the pandemic running so I really don't want to wait too long to get this resolved.

Anyone experienced similar and if so whats the course of action I need to take to fix it?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre 100 slowing down week by week

Tried calling BT a couple of times and sat in the queue for 30mins. Unfortunately I can't sit on there all day waiting. I know the lines are busy but they seem to have closed off other online routes.
Is there a quicker route to get support for the Fibre products? You pay a premium for Halo so it would be nice to think you can actually contact someone when there is a problem. The BT website doesn't let you log a case for performance issues and sends you in loops 😞

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Looks like my router got a July 1st firmware upgrade and now my speeds are down to just 51Mbs which is less than I was getting on my old package.

How do I get this fixed and reset so I can get the speeds I was promised and are paying for? All attempts to log a fault online send me in a loop, the chat bot is unmanned and phone system not answered. It seems like BT wants to sell packages which don't meet their 'guarantee' but don't want to address the problems or allow you to report them. This is extremely frustrating and poor service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

This problem has never been resolved. The service continues to be slower than my previous fibre product with BT.
My attempts to get BT to respond or to fix it result in no resolution and cases being closed with no explanation.  Feeling pretty angry that what should have been an upgrade has ended up with poorer product, total lack of service and no honouring of their speed claims. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

fasteyeuk_0-1596039975511.png

This is what should be available according to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/

This is my Router status.

fasteyeuk_1-1596040936301.png

For me the service seems noticeably slow. Is there anything else I can try? I presume restarting the router will just make things even slower. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I had the same problem and managed somehow to find a chat facility but it's well hidden - if you go to  https://www.bt.com/help/contact-us  it says on there that you can  Ask us a question, browse our help content, or contact us directly through our live chat so we can give you a helping hand. - I've just tried and it's not immediately apparent how you access a chat but might be worth exploring! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Best to deal with the correct team. 0800 587 4787

Check for noise on your line 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks, I've tried all these routes and spent hours going in circles with speedtests etc. I eventually got a case opened at the beginning of the month but BT just closed it 7 days later with no explanation or contact with me. When I click on the 'contact us' link to report it's not fixed it just takes me back here https://www.bt.com/help/contact-us?s_intcid=con_sanda:faulttracker:contactus#/broadband/fix-broadban...

Having sat on a phone queue for ages before it's pretty frustrating. They might well think that the speed that I'm getting is acceptable but I don't seem to get any answers and what was advertised as being an upgrade with a speed guarantee has ended up being a downgrade with nobody interested in offering an explanation.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the message.  I don't have a corded phone but I'll figure something out for that.

0 Ratings