cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre 100 too slow!!!

Okay, I'm seriously so done with BT, even though I just recently got a contract with them. Not only I needed to wait nearly 2 months for my broadband to get activated because of their not ending errors, but now they "kindly" activated it yesterday and it's pure sh*t. Okay, they said that the speed may go up and down during the first days, but mine has been the same from yesterday, I check it all the time. I was promised 100 Mbps, I'm at 8-10!!! This is ridiculous. I've checked on my phone and on my PC, tried moving closer to the hub, but nothing worked. I don't have a landline phone so I can't check for any noises. I've been using wifi booster, tried to check the speed with and without it and nothing changes. It's mostly just my phone and PC connected. Can someone give me any words of advice?! 

Also! There was meant to be an engineer arriving to install the fiber at my house on the 30th, but I've pestered them on the phone every single day. But no one came??? My hub just turned blue yesterday suddenly. I was on a standard contract with Vodafone before and my app still says I'm waiting for the visit on the 30th? Wtf. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre 100 too slow!!!

@LainaS2 

I think you need to post the connection details from the HomeHub.

I don't know precisely what's involved with Fibre 100 but I suspect the engineer's visit is to install extra equipment to enable the UltraFast speeds and until that happens you're on BT's ADSL (slow) broadband, hence the slow speeds.

When an engineer will visit under the current situation is open to speculation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

How do I post it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

use the camera icon   Capture.PNG

if you need and engineer in your home for your connection then that is not going to happen as openreach are not entering premises at present

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 5

You've probibly been provisioned with ADSL so that you have broadband during the lockdown period. The engineer won't be attending on the 30th.

https://www.openreach.com/covid-19-coronavirus 

0 Ratings