cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre 2 Dropping at the same time every morning - No Service

Hi there, since Saturday 5th December, my Fibre 2 has been dropping at the same time frame every morning, at between 1am and 3am, reading No Service, with a solid orange light on the Smart Hub. Its down for anywhere between half an hour to an hour at a time when its down.

Thursday Morning, it dropped at 1am, was down for 20 minutes, came back up, and within 10 minutes, it had dropped again, for a further possible hour. This morning, it dropped at around 2.30am and I suspect was back up by 3am (I had fallen asleep by that point so judging this off logs further down the post).

Having trawled the event logs from the router, I can see that the hub itself after being down from anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour, is performing a reset due to SAAF(5). Below are the logs from when the router performed a "warm reset", but however most of the entries following that read the 1st January right up until 3 minutes later when it says the DHCPv6 client has been launched successfully.

00:00:36, 01 Jan.

:The Modem has successfully powered up

00:00:36, 01 Jan.

:WDG Laststatus:: # Current boot was caused by Soft Reset (SAAF)

00:00:29, 01 Jan.

:The Modem underwent a warm reset

00:00:24, 01 Jan.

:WAN: ethernet as LAN

02:47:40, 11 Dec.

dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 87283 seconds

02:47:40, 11 Dec.

:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected

02:47:38, 11 Dec.

:A device reset was performed. Reason SAAF(5)

When the connection drops, the logs are showing that the connection has been terminated due to remote station not answering LCP Echo Requests. Below are the logs for the time when the connection drops.

02:38:36, 11 Dec.

:PPPoE error: timeout

02:38:33, 11 Dec.

wl1:Device <redacted> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV2G])

02:38:32, 11 Dec.

:PPPoE error: timeout

02:38:31, 11 Dec.

wl1:(1/11) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

02:38:30, 11 Dec.

:Connection has been terminated: remote station is not answering to LCP Echo requests.

02:38:27, 11 Dec.

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is active

:The DYN ROUTE [81.139.56.100/32 gw 172.16.19.146] is deleted

:The DYN ROUTE [81.139.57.100/32 gw 172.16.19.146] is deleted

02:38:26, 11 Dec.

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is inactive

BR_LAN:LAN Router Advertisement Setting Updated : M_flag = 0, O_flag = 1

02:38:25, 11 Dec.

ppp1:The WAN DHCPv6 Client Process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

02:38:25, 11 Dec.

Is this

1) A problem with the Smart Hub
2) Maintenance on the Network and if so, is there an ETA for the end of this.

Current hub stats below

Connection type:
Fibre Broadband (VDSL)
 Downstream sync speed:
74.68 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:
17.95 Mbps

Network uptime:
0 Days, 9 Hours 38 Minutes

Broadband IP address:
Redacted

Default gateway:
redacted

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

System uptime:
0 Days, 9 Hours 41 Minutes

Serial number:
Redacted

Firmware version:
SG4B1000E040

Firmware updated:
27-Oct-2020

BT Wi-fi status:
Active

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre 2 Dropping at the same time every morning - No Service

have you checked your landline for noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

do you have anything in your that switches on or off at these time that could be causing interference resulting in hub dropping connection  if just started something maybe to do with christmas or central heating

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

There's no noise on the line, that's one of the first things I've checked, having had it drummed into me from previous visits here. There's also nothing new on the network, nothing that turns on or off at that time, Central heating is not smart based, being a 20 year old boiler. Its also not clicking on or off during the night, as its only on for 4 hours a day.

Its also definitely nothing Christmas related. These are incredibly early morning disconnects, and the Tree went up on Wednesday, and has no lights on it because try fitting Christmas lights on a 1 foot tiny pink tree.

I do think its something to do with these LCP Echo Requests not being received from the base station. I did a bit of rudimentary googling, which showed this thread from 2017, https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Connection-has-been-terminated-remote-station-is-not-ans.... The thread suggests that it may be down to maintenance on the BT Network or so on, or something upstream of equipment. However, the BT Service Status page always tells me that everything is fine.

The logs immediately before a drop show nothing remarkable, other than the LCP Echo Requests not being answered.

Having searched the logs, the connection drops during the night when most normal people are asleep, are all due to :Connection has been terminated: remote station is not answering to LCP Echo requests. This is followed by a period of error messages with PPPoE error: Timeout.

Before these disconnects started on Saturday, the internet has been absolutely fine. The odd disconnect here and there, for things like firmware updates, but otherwise connection has been incredibly stable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Have you received any support regarding this issue as we are experiencing the same issue. Every Sunday morning between the hours of 1am and 3am we loose our broadband connection which impacts the connection to our Sky Q box which in turn means that I normally have to reconnect the 4 sky mini boxes which can take up to an hour to complete. 

I called BT Halo’s support desk today and they checked the logs and could not see a disconnect/reboot of our router. They suggested that the problem maybe caused by an update from our local exchange but they could neither confirm this or offer any support to stop this from happening.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@SW56  preferably start your own thread when you post replies so don't get mixed up with thread originator

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

when in hub manager check the logs and filter for 'WAN' and that should show the drops in connection.  it could be that your skyq box is dropping connection which is also affecting the minis

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I checked the log and there are no WAN records.

When I checked all records, there are two DHCP device disconnected records with different IP addresses followed by a series of numbers and the word “unknown”

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

My issue resolved itself the day after I posted this thread, so I can only assume given everything has been stable ever since, that it was in fact maintenance on the line.

I hope your issue is resolved soon though.

0 Ratings