cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Fibre 2 Not Available And Lower Speed Than Neighbours

24050827-47F5-48B1-B12E-B91FA88CA61E.jpeg

It appears that I’m unable to order Fibre 2, and BT believe my max possible speed is around 37Mbps, although my neighbours on either side quote that they are all getting speeds of 75-80 Mbps

checking on the DSL Wholesale checker from Openreach they seem to suggest that I should be able to get a much higher speed if I search with my address, but don’t seem to be able to search with my phone number despite having BT Broadband for a number of years.

I was part of a trial for Digital Voice some time ago and wonder if this might be causing some issues?

Is anyone able to help or give me any guidance?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Fibre 2 Not Available And Lower Speed Than Neighbours

You cannot use your phone number in the checker because you are on DV. Your address is the only way 

did you try phoning options team 0800800030 and see if they can help you upgrade. Estimate is 66/47mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Can you post connection stats from your hub - are you connecting currently at 55mb with a higher attainable speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 15

Is this the info you’re asking for?

Firmware version:v0.21.03.07094-BT

Firmware updated:Tue Sep 8 01:12:12 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:89 days,22 Hours53 Mins18 Secs

Data rate:9.077 Mbps / 42.758 Mbps

Maximum data rate:9.144 Mbps / 44.451 Mbps

Noise margin:7.0 / 3.5

Line attenuation:11.9 / 20.2

Signal attenuation:11.9 / 21.6

VLAN id:101

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Tried calling today but it seems that nobody is really sure where it should be going. One person I spoke to said they would speak to Openreach and come back to me - but nothing yet.  Do you have any other ideas?

everyone I’ve spoken to seems to be very confused by the situation!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Looking at your stats it shows mas attainable is only 44mb and with noise margin down at 3.5db it suggests that G.INP has been activated by DLM and that is as best as you can get with current connection. It may be that your line a some aluminium causing the slower speed than shown by dslchecker

are you connected to the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection.  You current,y have a great stable conenction

Message 7 of 15

Our router is actually plugged into an extension from the main socket (I don’t know why anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to put phone sockets in the hall!)  however I can move it at least temporarily.  If the extension is causing the problem, how long would I need to leave it plugged in there to find out?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

If you plug it in to the test socket so that the extension wiring is disconnected, you should see straightaway.

Message 9 of 15

Hmm that doesn’t seem to have made any huge improvements.... anything else I can try?

Firmware version:v0.21.03.07094-BT

Firmware updated:Tue Sep 8 01:12:12 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours22 Mins07 Secs

Data rate:9.996 Mbps / 43.899 Mbps

Maximum data rate:9.996 Mbps / 44.417 Mbps

Noise margin:6.3 / 3.1

Line attenuation:11.5 / 19.6

Signal attenuation:11.5 / 21.6

VLAN id:101

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

are you actually using the test socket with a filter not just the master

do you have any other extension sockets? If so and you are. Connected to the test socket can you check there is no dial tone at any extension socket including the socket you were previously using