cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Fibre 2 Not Available And Lower Speed Than Neighbours

Faceplate removed and using the test socket behind - I noticed there seems to be a lot of movement in the test socket so was hopeful this might explain some of the issues but I think the connection to the Adsl filter is robust

i have digital voice so I’m not sure if I would get a dial tone on any extensions - there doesn’t appear to be any other wiring but I’m not really sure how else I could check

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

If you have DV, you won't get a dial tone on any sockets.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

I don’t think there’s any extension wiring but evidence there might have been in the past

i notice that some of the plastic sheathing on the wires inside is split (it’s probably been like this for some time) but could this be contributing to my problem?  (It was hard to get a picture but look at the white wire at the bottom closely where it comes out of the main outside cable)

12263441-D135-48BC-94DE-B85D0D2F4DED.jpeg

13F1C1DD-6EA2-472D-B15A-7E474D75B1C2.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

@imjolly is there anything at all else I can do? (Not sure if you saw the pics above)

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Just spoke to someone very helpful in the BT faults team, and after going quiet for quite a while (I assume reading all the notes on my account) they straight away offered to send Openreach out to take a look.  Fingers crossed they’ll be able to confirm and resolve the issue and I’ll be running at the same speed as my neighbours very soon!

0 Ratings