cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fibre 2 Speed issues

Hi,

I have recently purchased the fibre 2 package with BT. From my computer which is in the room next door to the router i am only getting 20mb download and 7mb upload on a good day!

I am using wireless connection but would have thought the speed would be better than this is there anything you or i can do to increase the speed?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre 2 Speed issues

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

wireless speed if very susceptible to inference from your home and neighbours

have you tried selecting the wifi channels manually by using a wifi analyser on your phone and then selecting a lesser congested channel

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre 2 Speed issues

This link does a speedtest from the BT side up to your router - so is the speed coming into your house to your router.

If there is a big difference between this speed and your own speedtest - then the issue is within your house.

If this is low then it is likely a fault between you and the cabinet for BT to resolve.

Troubleshooter and Speed tester 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings