cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Fibre 2 activated today but capped at Fibre 1 speed

Go to solution

I've moved back to BT broadband today after a period with Sky. The service has activated but it looks like we are capped at Fibre 1 speeds even though I ordered Fibre 2. The difference will be marginal on our line but I want the extra where possible (especially the upload speed as we use all the bandwidth we can get).

We were previously on a 76Mbps connection but banded with Sky after some line/equipment issues that their support teams never resolved even after Openreach resolved the copper issues (hence me leaving). Before that I was getting better speeds. How can I get my service configuration checked as I am concerned that I remain banded unnecessarily as a legacy from my Sky service?

brummygit_0-1623849654542.png

brummygit_1-1623849898907.png

EDIT:

I would add that before getting banded with Sky, my line will (and always did with BT) go faster - this is my neighbour's connection who shares the same copper delivery until they split on the shared front wall of our houses for the last 5 metre drop.

brummygit_0-1623850947493.png

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre 2 activated today but capped at Fibre 1 speed

Go to solution

Certainly looks like your are on fibre 1 but from stats increase to fibre 2 would not be noticed in practice

Enter phone number and post results. Delete number but leave cab and exchange

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSl

Stats don't look banded just fibre 1max

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Stats as requested. There is minimal difference but we should get between 11Mbps and 12Mbps which makes quite a difference as our line is constrained by upload bandwidth, plus download usually ends up syncing around 60Mbps at 3db noise margin. The whole Sky experience was a nightmare start to finish compared to BT when I left in December 2019.
brummygit_0-1623859176437.png

Actually you can see that my fastest stored speed was days before I left BT to Sky on 24th December 2019.

brummygit_0-1623860565708.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Sadly this was my day 1 on FTTC back in 2015 - not exactly progress

Infinity Day 1 copy.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Apologies for chasing, however as I'm now in my new customer cooling off period I want to make sure I get sorted before it expires. Is it possible to get the mods to take a look at this for me or am I better off calling in to the normal support service?

I am concerned as when I was with Sky and had lots of copper issues which prompted an Openreach engineer to change a number of settings on my service before an overhead copper run was replaced. After the copper issues were resolved Sky never managed to get the Openreach engineer changes undone - I never subsequently sync'ed below6db, and ended up banded even though a number of DLM resets were requested.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

from the information posted you look like you have been provisioned on Fibre 1 and not 2 although based on the max attainable you will not get much faster.  however  you are on Huawei cab so if on fibre 2 you would benefit from DLM activating G.INP with bit faster speed and drop in noise margin to about 3db

I have asked mods to see if the can get you correctly set on Fibre 2 and not 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

You need to speak to customer services, the mods are only a very small team and only get involved when normal channels have failed.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you @imjolly 

I agree that I would get minimum increase, but the increased of 10-20% in upload is significant for my service, and as you say once G.INP kicks in I get a slight improvement in download too. I specifically called in and ordered Fibre 2 in the full knowledge that I was paying the extra for only marginal benefit. 

The previous Openreach engineer hard coded something from a laptop while sitting in his van (with me standing next to him) which locked me on 6db and subsequently G.INP never kicked in again despite Sky requesting DLM resets. I sincerely hope that whatever he did can't hangover to my BT service.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @brummygit  sorry that you are not getting the F2 speeds for your package. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the team and we'll be happy to get the profile corrected.

cheers

John

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks @licquorice however I'm confused now - I don't know whether to wait and see if @imjolly gets any joy or call support. I don't want to start 2 parallel activities running which is probably the worst thing I can do.

0 Ratings