Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 22

Fibre 2 download speed below guarantee

Go to solution

Hi all,

Recently I have noticed that my Fibre 2 download speed is a maximum of 42Mbps against a min guarantee of 47Mpbs and a "normal" expected speed of between 53 and 73 Mbps. Have seen in other discussions the need for stats so have attached also here.

Appreciate any advice on what might be happening and how I might proceed to improve this. 

Thanks for any advice.

8E11B00B-B82A-4432-98F2-F3BEE358CECD.png1E261B9D-4A6A-44B6-9911-71DF4FF8913D.jpeg

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Fibre 2 download speed below guarantee

Go to solution

Connect to the test socket with a filter and repost the hub stats. Also try a quiet line test. 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks. Done as suggested, results below. Quiet line test is ok, just extremely quiet “fuzz” but nothing really.

BA140E2A-D140-48DE-8F41-8377D3CE6B4C.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

not sure I know what you mean by 'fuzz'

the quiet line test should be exactly as it says quiet/silent with no noise whatsoever  any noise on your line has a bad affect on your broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
Just rechecked. It is not totally silent, there is some very low level noise I can hear. No buzzing but definitely sort of ‘white noise‘.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

@Anonymous, I'm sorry to see your broadband speed is below the minimum guarantee, the SNR margin on your download is higher than what it should be and the noise you're hearing when doing the quite line test is cause for concern and could be impacting on your broadband speeds. 

Can you try connecting your Hub directly to the test socket to see if this helps improve your speed?  Check out this link for more info on how to do that test.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

@NeilO  The OP is connected to the test socket and needs to reoprt a noisey line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

@pippincp, oops I missed that.

@Anonymous the fastest way to report a noisy line is to call 151 from your landline however I have sent you a private message if you like the moderation team to help. We're busy at the moment so it will take a couple of days to reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks for all responses. I will reply to your private message.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous  I called earlier and left a brief message sorry I missed you. I wanted to check how is your connection performing since the engineer visit?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings