cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: PPP LCP send termination request (user request)

The Mk2 faceplate assembly is very complex, and there are a number of interconnection sections which seem to cause issues.

You can either leave it plugged into the master socket, or replace the front section with the one I suggested, which is much simpler and very reliable. It is also very simple to fit.

lindy.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Ok I’ll look Into it, I have a spare mk3 plate, might try that first. Thanks keith

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

I'll just add one comment.

If it works, don't try to fix it.

Message 24 of 26

Arghhh! Spoke to soon it disconnected last night around 3.00am after 9 days of uptime. Same reason ppp lcp termination request, looking at the log it lasted about 3 mins. Is this Bt or is there a problem outside somewhere?

so now I can rule out anything inside my property, I may put the faceplate back on seeing as that’s not the issue

When I’ve phoned Bt with this issue they always say the lines fine, I don’t know what to do

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

BT would even not consider a single disconnection in nine days as being an issue, especially during the night, when Planned Engineering Works take place. The duration of the outage would tend to indicate planned works which users have already been told about.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Network-maintenance-may-cause-disruption/td-p/2071965

Leave it connected at the test socket, and see if the disconnections become more regular.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Ok will do, btw thanks for the swift reply’s I really appreciate it

0 Ratings