cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Fibre 2 speed range

Could someone check these for me - one is plugged straight into the test socket as licquorice suggested, the other is back on the lounge extension. I'm guessing the huge change in Data Rate/Max Data Rate is not a good thing? Thanks in advance.Extension.jpgFaceplate.png

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

The second image shows a max attainable of 85Mb, and an 80Mb sync, given that AFAIK your question was should you upgrade to Fibre 2 , you seem to have it already.
If the 1st image is when you connect in your extension socket it shows the  dramatic effect crappy internal wiring can have.
It’s possible you were given a ‘free’ upgrade from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 in the past , if you still pay the lower tier 1 price, but seem to get tier 2 speeds

Message 13 of 20

Thanks for that. Time to sort out the underfloor wiring I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

@AndyDowrote:

Thanks for that. Time to sort out the underfloor wiring I guess.

No, time to connect to the master socket or run a dedicated data line from the master.

Message 15 of 20

I was thinking of connecting to the master socket then using (such as) one of the TP-Link Gigabit Powerline kits to reach the data switch in the lounge which most things branch of. Would this be an 'acceptable' solution or would a dedicated data line from the master to the extension offer advantages. If so could you point me towards required type of cable/connection (as I mentioned re the extension wiring earlier in this thread - there is a B.T. installed cable, just using 2 of its wires, running back outside from the master and terminating in an upstairs bedroom, presumably this could be the point to start from?). The main problem in re-positioning the Hub is the reduction in wi-fi around parts of the house. I've had already been 'researching', and tying myself in knots, trying to find a well thought of extender or mesh system, but for every review that praises one, another damns it. Sorry for rambling on, but this is a new area to me and I'm running up hill trying to get enough of a grasp without bugging you experts every 5 minutes.

Thanks, Andy

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

This will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trk9OnZTIsE 

You don't need the krone tool on the newer sockets.

Message 17 of 20

Thanks - very helpfull

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

I know this is going to sound stupid, but.......I've followed the instructions in the video Pippincp kindly sent me but what do I now feed from the RJ45 socket on the end of the data extension cable? Can I cable from that straight to a RJ45 socket on my hub or do I need to get a RJ45 to ADSL cable and feed that to the hub? Confused!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

No idea why he uses an RJ45 socket in that video.

If you want telephony and your hub at the extension just wire the 2 data terminals to an extension phone socket, plug in a filter and connect phone and hub to the appropriate sockets in the filter.

If you just want the hub without telephony, wire the data terminals in the master to either an RJ11 plug and plug it straight in the DSL socket of the hub or to an RJ11 socket and connect the hub with the normal RJ11- RJ11 patch lead that comes with the hub.

If you have already wired it to an RJ45 socket, the RJ11 patch lead from the hub should still fit in the RJ45 socket

Message 20 of 20

Thanks for that - that makes more sense.

0 Ratings