cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Fibre 2 speed range

Hi, I've recently seen an offer on my upgrade deals for Fibre 2 for an extra £2/month. It states; ''Get average speeds of 67Mb'', but goes on to add ''When you confirm your upgrade, we’ll give you a personal speed guarantee''. I talked to a very pleasant lady at BT who told me that while my Fibre 1 gives me a range of 49/50 Mb, Fibre 2 would be 49/73 Mb. Obviously great if I'm towards the top end but no better at the other. Is there no way of getting a better 'estimate' before signing up?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Fibre 2 speed range

Put your phone number in the checker and post a screenshot of the result, remember to edit out your phone number from the screenshot before posting. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

if you can only get 50mb connection on fibre 1 then moving to fibre 2 would not help. Should get it confirmed using @licquorice link

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 20

Thanks both for the quick repliesspeed.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

As the maximum speed that has been observed on your line is 54Mbs, fibre 2 won't give you an increase in speed as things stand. However, the checker estimated range is quite wide which is a little odd. There might be scope for improvement in your internal wiring. Are you connected to the master socket?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

No, it's on an extension which seems to take a tortuous route. The master socket is at the dining room window with a B.T. installed cable leaving that up the side of the house and into the back bedroom, where the previous owner seems to have tee'd off again under the floor until it eventually drops into the lounge where the BT router is connected.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Might be worth connecting your hub to the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket with a new filter and see what your max data rate shows in the hub stats. You can then decide if it is worth sorting out your internal wiring and upgrading to fibre 2.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Thanks, I will try that. Is that something which will give an 'instant' result or would I need to leave it several days to settle.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

You will be able to see straight away.

Message 10 of 20

I'll try 1st thing in the morning. Thanks very much for the help.

0 Ratings