cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre 300 to 900 woes

I upgraded over the weekend from fibre 300 to fibre 900 with changeover yesterday. My download speeds have decreased slightly to around 285 whereas my upload has increased to around 120. Logged issue with BT who sent openreach engineer to investigate, swapped over ONT twice, reterminated fibre connection and tested light signal loss on fibre inside the property at -14db. Still no improvement on download speeds so another engineer booked for tomorrow. Anybody have these issues when upgrading.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre 300 to 900 woes

You'll only achieve "full" speeds by using a gigabit LAN connection.

Make sure your device is actually connecting at that speed. (One Gigabit full duplex).
Change the LAN port you're using, on the hub. As I've seen them negotiate at sub gigabit speeds. Especially if you use all the ports.
So take a cable from the hub into a Gigabit switch and route from there.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I can confirm tests were carried out with a gigabit network port. The openreach engineer also tried his own laptop plugged into the hub and also tested directly into the ONT. BT are saying the hub is not receiving the 900 speeds. Looks like BT and openreach are blaming each other.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

What speed should I be getting to the hub on a 900mb service using the MyBt app speed test.

What speed test website will give the most accurate results

0 Ratings