cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmac
Message 1 of 12

Fibre 36-74Mb/s but getting 4Mb/s

I hope someone can help me im at my wits end trying to explain to hopeless advisors what has been confirmed to my by both openreach and Sky.

Long story short, BT are saying my max line is 20Mb/s im lucky if i get 7 on a good night, there is an issues with their system where it is saying this as  i have had it confirmed that my open reach cabinet will do 36-74 from both openreach themselves and Sky.

BT are still saying they dont have the capacity to change this and it "is what it is"  I cant just accept that, especially when i know it not to be correct.

Can someone help me or someoen from BT actually look into it its maddening.

For reference ill screenshot below both sky and ADSLchecker etc.. and a current speed test.

What sky offer - https://gyazo.com/b2997205d3740bee64624426b7696e35

What i get - 

Straight from BT's dsl checker confirm FTTC

https://gyazo.com/952fad6fbea7a3abc340b41de6ea04ff 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Fibre 36-74Mb/s but getting 4Mb/s

Post stats from your hub. If hh6 then advanced setting then technical log information 

any line noise dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

are you using test socket with filter to see if that helps - even if you currently have a filtered master socket

please post stats here and not link as saves jumping between pages

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mmac
Message 3 of 12

https://gyazo.com/65d8f1888ac579af63094f99b63ea216 tech log.

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+1924005521

Firmware version:v0.13.03.02221-BT

Firmware updated:Wed Oct 9 12:26:00 2019

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.55 12_12_2018

DSL uptime:0 days,13 Hours49 Mins09 Secs

Data rate:1.648 Mbps / 12.747 Mbps

Maximum data rate:1.648 Mbps / 14.729 Mbps

Noise margin:6.1 / 5.6

Line attenuation:13.9 / 26.9

Signal attenuation:13.9 / 29.1

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:457.4 MB Uploaded  / 7.6 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:KENTANG

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel11)

5 GHz wireless network name:KENTANG

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

Wireless security:WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:On

MAC address:04:A2:22:37:69:88

Software variant:-

Boot loader:0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

No noise in that test at all.

BT engineers have replaced master socket recently and assured me it was working correctly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Did the engineer give you any reason that your connection speed and attainable speed are so low compared to the dslchecker results?  Sky are only quoting what they get from the dslchecker just as BT did when you started with fibre

it looks like the openreach database is wrong for your connection

see if mods can help you especially as engineer been and no noise on quiet line test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mmac
Message 5 of 12

The local engineer is clueless to be honest, its a very small island and hes more interested in retiring.

They haven't told me why at all  the dslchecker is the same everywhere bar for BT where i get guarenteed 7MB/s and thats it.

Its as if BT's system doesnt know i exist on the fibre network and keeps me on ADSL.

Ive had openreach also confirm that the cabinet i am connected to is capable of Waaaay beyond what im getting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Mods will post here to help

the dslchecker is the same results for all

0 Ratings
mmac
Message 7 of 12

thanks for the help anyway jolly
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi @mmac welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're broadband speed is way below what the checkers indicate your line can support.  The routers stats are showing you're connected at 12.7Mb was the speedtest you done over wireless as that may be reducing the speed further?

I appreciate that 12.7Mb is still below the quoted speed so we'll be happy to check if anything can be done to improve on that if you send over your details.  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

0 Ratings
mmac
Message 9 of 12

Neil, thanks for the reply.

I will hold off until tomorrow i have called yourselves and the gent confirmed my cabinet can do 80meg and doesnt know why im on 7.

Will update if unresolved.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@mmac No problem hopefully, they'll be able to help. 

0 Ratings