cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Fibre 900 - Slow upstream - Need Openreach Engineer

I'm essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place. Since install, my fibre 900 has only achieved around 20mbit upstream. When the whole reason for switching was to get the 110mb upstream advertrised, for online backups etc.

I have tried on several occasions to get this matter resolved, including raising a formal complaint, but yet there appears to be no way of getting this resolved.

I recently spoke to an incredibly helpful support agent by the name of Jane, but unfortunately BT treat their employee's like idiots, and don't let them apply their own intelligence to an unusual fault. She tried so hard to get me an engineer, but as the support agents are forced to use a guided system that will only allow an engineer visit if it detects a problem, and as my downstream is fine no fault was found.

I am at the end of my tether with this. I there anything I can do to get an engineer to look at this? I work for an ISP myself so I am confident this is an issue in the exchange that an engineer needs to resolve.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Fibre 900 - Slow upstream - Need Openreach Engineer

you don't need an engineer as this is a hub problem as has been posted many times

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Full-fibre-900-reduced-upload-speed/m-p/2071633

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

I am not using the BT hub, I am using a much better enterprise grade router that is well capable of the advertised speeds.

I get the same result plugging a laptop directly into the ONT. It's a provisioning issue I am sure.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Try phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Yeah that's who I spoke to, and they couldn't as their system doesn't allow them to make their own decisions.

Hence my posting here, hoping maybe a forum moderator can do something? All I need is an actual engineer to test the line themselves, and see what I am talking about.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Forum mods don't help normally with FTTP problems and you should try FTTP TEAM who should help you

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 26

Have you tried checking what speeds you get using the BT Hub

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Have you tried turning the ONT off for 15mins, that has been known to resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Yes, exactly the same. So it's not my router. Even the same connecting directly to the ONT with a laptop with PPoE setup on it

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Yep, one of the first things I tried. Even tried leaving it off for longer than that with no change.

0 Ratings