cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 26

Re: Fibre 900 - Slow upstream - Need Openreach Engineer

Did BT say that they could support the router you're using? if not it may be worth putting the BT hub back on and ringing them again, they may be able to go further

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Yeah I already did that. I had the hub conneted on my hour long phone call with the FTTP team.

The problem is their tests say there is no problem, so their system does not allow the agent to progress the fault. I need someone at BT with the authorisation to bypass this.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Perhaps try and get the FTTP team to get the ONT swapped out? Someone else did a few months ago and solved their problem.

Message 14 of 26

Probably struggle to get an Openreach Engineer out for anything other than Total Loss of Service at the minute with the Government Restrictions in place.

Can’t speak for everywhere but in most regions Openreach have people trawling the Repair Work Stack and any faults that are just related to slow speed or other stupid reasons, like ‘Customer Can’t get their WIFI to reach in their Allotment 4 Miles Away’ are closed off remotely with a curtesy call to say they won’t be visiting. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Happy to swap it myself if they send me one too. It's just plugging in cables! Saves them an engineer

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

I’d have done it myself too but unfortunately changing the ONT appears to be a little more involved. When mines was swapped out the engineer had to call wholesale to complete a registration process. They may have also used some special tools to bond or fit the fibre to the ONT.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Yeah, when an Engineer Replaces an ONT he/she can either use his MyJobs App on the Phone to Register the ONT against the OGEA Circuit or he can get what Openreach call DCoE to do it. He/she wouldn’t contact BT Wholesale, they have no involvement when it comes the ONT itself.

The DCoE is an Openreach Engineering Support Team, they don’t deal directly with members of the public.

Thats why it always makes me laugh when I see people buying ONT’s on places like eBay. Basically they’ve just bought a £30-£50 paper weight.

Message 18 of 26

BT's twitter team have managed to book me an engineer. Appointment is Wednesday.

Will update!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Update: Engineer has now been and gone. After hours of him on the phone with DCOE, they rebuilt the profile, which broke the connection entirely. Then the engineer swapped the ONT out, then DCOE fixed the profile. And now I am getting fantastic speeds.

Just annoying that it took so much fighting with BT to get them to do this. This could have been done months ago.

image.png

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

@GeoCyberwolf  that's one hell of an upload speed on a 900 / 110 package. 😯

Are you getting that every time  now or was it a surge on one of the tests.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings