cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Fibre 900 - Slow upstream - Need Openreach Engineer

@busterboy1Think that was a one-off speedtest glitch. Getting around 110-115 now.

Here's what I am getting now:

image.png

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/a97fab78-8bad-4691-a45d-8db0704697c3

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

@GeoCyberwolf  Awesome job mate, I notice you have a lower ping than I do, what is the cause of that.

FTTP 1st Test.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

@busterboy1Could be anything from the speedtest server you are using to your router. Are you using the BT router?

I am using my own router, a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite.

Though 8ms ping is still excellent, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Anything below 30 is decent.

And yeah, awesome job on the engineer's part. Just a shame how much I had to kick and scream to get BT to do anything. Might try for account credit now it's proven that it was a provisioning issue and I was right.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

@GeoCyberwolf 

Had my install done early so only just today received my Home Hub 2 from BT. 🙄

Have been using my Asus RT-AX88U router I purchased early in readiness for for my Full Fibre install.

As you say quite correctly 8 is really good so may as-well leave it alone.

Home Hub 2.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

@busterboy1That can sit in it's box in case you need to jump through support's hoops (they insist on being able to see and remote onto the BT hub). You'll have a much better time with your own router.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

@GeoCyberwolf 

I'm thinking just the same mate, Had my install just over a week now and speeds and performance has never dropped once. Always been above 900 down and around 100 up on wired and my WiFi is nothing but excellent.

I'm in the camp (If it isn't broke don't fix it) 😂

WiFi 6 direct to my Laptop.  😎

0 Ratings