cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre 900 erratic speeds

Hi all,

Had Fibre 900 activate yesterday morning.

Have run various speed tests from a Gigabit LAN connection and getting quite erratic download speeds.

Ranging from 330 - 880 mbps, everytime I run it, even seconds apart this figure varies quite a lot. Is this normal and will this settle?

Secondly, the upload speed appears to be capped at 50mbps. I ran the connection directly to the ONT and was able to get 111mbps upload on there. Can someone help me with that?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre 900 erratic speeds

Just an update, the upload now is running at 110mbps so happy days there.

Interested about the download speed fluctuation though, anyone care to share any thoughts on that one? When I was on FTTC, I could run multiple speed tests and they would always be pretty much the same every time. FTTP, the fluctuations are quite big.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

FTTP is a contended service, up to 32 users can be sharing the 2.5Gb backhaul. Mostly by folks running speed tests!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Ha thanks for that. I’ve tried throughout different times of the day to rule anything obvious out but I’d still expect to see a similar speed each time. Is there a “bedding in” process before it settles so to speak?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

No.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

So do you think it’s normal for the download speed to fluctuate as much as it does? Even seconds apart?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Quite possibly. As you may have gathered, I don't hold a lot of store by speed tests as long as everything is working as it should and not causing problems.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks appreciate your input!

0 Ratings