cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antdonn
Contributor
Message 201 of 220

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

That is wrong, it’s a digital line, and does not require time to settle, settle time is for adsl , vdsl,fttc only
pbyford
Beginner
Message 202 of 220

900 package enabled overnight and immediately stepped up. This test was generated using the standard BT smart hub router, connected via ethernet.

47c1cd10-abbb-4bf7-be46-03e88a8d1257

0 Ratings
Antdonn
Contributor
Message 203 of 220

Cool.

it’s brill when it works. B8t it will slow 

0 Ratings
JHawke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 204 of 220

I've just had a brand new FTTP 900 install (not an upgrade from another package), everything is great but I'm seeing this odd 50Mbit upstream cap.

Can any of the mods help with removing this?

3REPEyC

0 Ratings
Mattpritch
Beginner
Message 205 of 220

Hi, 

I upgraded from the 300 mbps package to 900 mbps package around 2 weeks ago but the speed has not changed , the connection has become quite unstable with different speed. Tested on both wifi and ethernet and the same result all between 50 and 300 mbps. 

Had an engineer callout and tested the line was all fine he connected straight to the openreach modem and had the 890 mbps straight away. But speed dropped down to 300 mbps and below while connected to the smart hub 2. 

Can you help please? 

0 Ratings
Internet1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 206 of 220

Exactly the same issue here. Had 900 upgraded in last week. Ran fine for a few days now I have this same 50mbs cap on uploads. Managed, through extreme difficulty to get them to send an engineer on Tuesday but no idea how this gets fixed as I’ve had this problem before on ADSL, it didn’t get ever get fixed and that’s  why I was forced to upgrade to a Full Fibre line anyway! Not happy.

JHawke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 207 of 220

It's crazy, I don't know why they don't just fix it properly rather than than running in circles plugging the multiple leaks.

Internet1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 208 of 220

Cancelled the engineer tomorrow now as no point, it’s not the line it’s this Smart Hub nonsense. Been in touch with the mods on here and a guy at BT so now waiting patiently to see some movement. BT Said within 3 days, which is frustrating as I just want to get the speeds I’m paying a premium for. Still capped at 48-50mbs upload as we speak. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Mattpritch
Beginner
Message 209 of 220

Just had an email from bt saying “We've been keeping an eye on it to see if the download speed is 0Mbps, which we promised as part of your Stay Fast Guarantee.

Give them a call no joy at all just wait and see if a new router sorts out the speed issue. 

0 Ratings
sjd201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 210 of 220

I have just had Full Fibre 900 installed and the speed is slower than my 60mb FTTC.  I am getting between 5 and 25mb stood right next to SH.  Upstairs I am getting less than 1MB.  Used to get well over 20mb.  After reading this thread going to call them and revert to FTTC.  Not paying for Full Fibre to get these speeds.  Beyond farcical. 

Just got off the phone to support and told it takes time to settle.  I have logged on to the BT Hub Manager and says up and downstream speed is 1000Mbps.   I know with Wifi not going to get 1000mbps but would expect well over a 100mb if not more.  To say it needs to settle is ridiculous.  Had this installed to remove buffering not make it worse.  Had to have my drive dug up to get cable installed to have speeds like this is not acceptable.  Feel like I am being fobbed off.  What is the point of BT investing all this money in Full Fibre to provide everyone with slower connections.  Really frustrated

0 Ratings