cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 181 of 199

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Finally concluded the connection problems I had.

There were 2.

Initial stability with the SH2 on v15 of the firmware was dreadful. v17 helped a lot but the router didn't have the range to get everywhere for me. I replaced the router with my original mesh (Deco M5) but the problem continued.

A new and better mesh (Asus XT8) was planned and swapped in. Stability was better but speed was still off. The 2nd node would resync at random.

BT tracked down a power issue in the ONT. It was logged somewhere but that wasn't checked until I mentioned the resyncing.

After some wrangling we settled on a replacement for the ONT. The day that was swapped the Sam Knows white box saw 900mbps consistently and has done since (4th Sept)

That sorted it all. Job done. Case closed. Happy boy again.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 182 of 199

What speed tests do you get wireless with UDM out of interest?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 183 of 199

For me on the XT8 I get up to 650mbps on my mobile via WiFi. That's as good as I'll get on my Galaxy S10+ as that is the limiting factor for an individual device (with 2+2 MIMO even though the device is capable of 4+4 it's not enabled)

On the 2nd mesh node I'll get half that which is expected on a next hop from the main node.

BT let me keep the SamKnows box and set up an account for me so I can confirm the wired speeds at the router.

For a really in depth answer on WiFi speeds, this is useful https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 184 of 199

Hi All,

Just got my 900Mbps package installed. I was told I will be getting 900Mbps down and 110Mbps Up. Everything is great, apart from upload which is less than half 50Mbps, looks like it`s capped to 50 as it will not go more than that, not sure why? Do you have the same thing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 185 of 199

Phone them. Happened to me. An old profile needs overwriting. Sometimes it re applies itself on firmware updates etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 186 of 199

Thanks for advise, I called them today , but the advisor said the broadband needs to "settle in" and to leave it for a week and check again, so just thought if anyone had the same issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 187 of 199

@nexus23 

but the advisor said the broadband needs to "settle in" and to leave it for a week

________________________________________________________________________________________

That is utter bull mate, FTTP needs no settling in period, it either works or it doesn't.

Ring them back and see if you can speak with someone with at least half a brain.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 188 of 199

That`s what I thought. It either works or not. In this case what do they need to do on their end, reset old profile? I will ask for a technician.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 189 of 199

You will get a better response from posting here mate.

The moderators can upgrade / reset your router and get a result like others have got with success.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 190 of 199

ok, shall I get in touch with them or just leave it here? Sorry, but  I am new here.

0 Ratings