cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 51 of 69

Re: Fibre 900 - speeds all over the place

Hi @fltlevel370,

Your issue appears to be different from the initial question on this thread. I agree that it needs to be looked into for you. My team won't be able to help directly, but we can seek support for you. I've sent you a private message with some details that we need.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 69

Has anybody had any luck in resolving this?

I upgraded from Halo 200 to Full Fibre 900 installed 3 days ago and have had the same issues with my wired connection. Fast.com is maxing at around 410-430mbps, Ookla Speedtest at 200mbps and results varying all over the place (Although I have had a steady 100+ Upload speed)

I had Openreach visit today to do some tests and replace the ONT to a newer version, told me the signal is perfectly clear and full from Openreach's end, and seems the replacement has made no difference. The SH2 is showing a 1000mbps upstream and downstream

I have tried with the provided Smart Hub 2 with cat.5e cabling as well as my original smart hub and the results are the same. I have checked my LAN port on my pc is set to 1.0gbps full duplex in device manager and have reset my ONT and Hub several times.

My prior Halo 200 would always show around 200mbps on Ookla Speedtest and other speed test services.
BT don't know what the issue is, Openreach don't know know what the issue is.

Can anyone help?

result.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 53 of 69

What do you get with this speed test?

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 69

What does the wholesale Speedtest mean/test? It says I can get 1352 down but 0 up which is not replicated by my devices. The highest I’ve seen is 550 down & 118 up on my iPhone 11 and through Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 69

BTwholesale speedtest goes from 40mbps to 850mbps and everything in between, wildly varies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 69

Same issue here - Fibre 900 upgrade went live today, but seems capped at 600Mbps....using wired ethernet, an Asus AX-11000 router, with a 2.5Gbps port into the existing ONT. 

Will see if it's a "Monday Morning" thing i.e. traffic shaping or there's a real issue over the week.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 57 of 69

I know the plural of ancedote isn't data, however I upgraded from Fibre 250 to 900 two weeks ago. Was able to pull 900 on day 1 but was around 400-600 for about a week after that. Just tried again and I'm back up to 900.

Might be worth waiting a bit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 69

Thanks GrantM
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 69

Same here,

Was on 300 and moved to 900. Day 1 and I'm getting 400down/120up, I'm using a 3rd party asus router but I know it's capable of doing the full gig.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 60 of 69

@VyperGhostwrote:

Same here,

Was on 300 and moved to 900. Day 1 and I'm getting 400down/120up, I'm using a 3rd party asus router but I know it's capable of doing the full gig.

How do you know it's capable of PPPoE and firewall/NAT at gigabit speeds - many consumer routers are not fast enough for this.  Have you compared the speed using the SH2?  Which Asus router do you have?  You could try a factory reset and ensure CTF is enabled and parental controls disabled - enabling parental controls will slow the download speeds.

0 Ratings