cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre 900 upload speed at 10MB

Hi,

I have recently signed up to the Fibre 900 package but seem to have issues with the upload speed. Its been a week and my upload speed does not go past 10MB. I have used a wired laptop, Samsung phone and even an iphone 12, I get the same reading when using fast.com or mybt app.

Openreach engineers came in to my property to change the fibre to premises equipment in the house but the same thing.

We have now ordered a new router which is due to arrive on Friday. 

I am unsure if a new router will solve the problem.

Any ideas anyone.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre 900 upload speed at 10MB

Connect pc/laptop direct to ONT creating a ppoe connection using username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password bt and see if upload speed just the same   this will help decide if hub the problem 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @imjolly  Thanks for your response.

I tried your suggestion and I got this:

PPOE Connection - Wired to a Dell Laptop (3 yeard old)

Download - 140Mbps

Upload - 68Mbps

I also tried Router wired speed after the above and I got this:

Equipment  - Dell Laptop (3 yeard old)

Download  - 138 Mbps

Upload  - 9.7 Mbps

And another Router Wireless speed test after the above:

Equipment - Samsung S9

Download -330 Mbps

Upload - 8.7 Mbs

The upload speed on the wired and wireless test for the router seems consistent though.

I get the new router tomorrow,  fingers crossed this would solve the problem.  The minimum guarantee speed on my package is 110Mbps and all tests had nothing close to that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Cotts10,

Just a quick post to see how things are with your new router in place? Have you noticed an improvement?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings