Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jontyg
Message 1 of 4

Fibre Availabiilty date gone from www.dslchecker.bt.com

Good afternoon,

I have been eagrly anticipating the arrival of Bt infinty and have watched as a new cabinet has been installed at the end of my road. I have kept a track on the expected availability date on www.dslchecker.bt.com, which has has changed dates a few times. That was up until recently.

It changed from 31.12.13 to 31.03.14 on 01.01.14, but on the 01.04.14 the lines for fibre availability have completely dissappearedSmiley Frustrated.

Is there anyway to find out if my cabinet is going to be activated other than www.dslchecker.bt.com? I really hope it still is as I am averaging 1mbs and the anticipated fibre speeds where 75mbs!

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Jontyg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre Availabiilty date gone from www.dslchecker.bt.com

Up until recently you could email Openreach and ask when your cabinet was likely to be upgraded however Openreach are no longer giving out that information, instead they are replying:-

Thank you for your contact to us. Please note that we will not be responding to you by email but, would like to point you to the Openreach Superfast Fibre website and the FAQ section that will provide answers to the most commonly asked questions. It will also provide links to those service providers that sell fibre broadband at the moment so you can check if your particular line is enabled.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

You could try asking your local council or your MP to see if they can find out more information from Openreach but if they can't get any information you just need to keep checking to see if your cabinet has been up graded.

Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Availability has been known to disappear just before a cab going live. All you can do is keep checking.

jontyg
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have contacted the local BDUK body to see if they can help as well.

Hopefully it is a "just before live" dissaperance!!

Ta

jontyg

0 Ratings