cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atrower
Message 1 of 8

Fibre Availability (horsham Area)

I have moved into a new build in the last 3 months, expecting to have fibre when i moved in, i should have checked as its not available.

I have been getting sub standards speeds of less that 0.7 mbs, i was estimated at 2.5 when i placed my order, had numerous engineers round, the line goes upto 1.2 after a engineer visit, but within a few days its back down to less than 0.7

The open reach webite says my exchange is under review, yet the property next door to me, and about 80% of the other properties on the same street as me are accepting orders. I have checked which cabinet we connected to which is cabinet 92. It is fibre enabled, as i know people not on the same street as me but close have fibre to their property already, going through this cabinet.

I cannot see any reason why this service is not available to me, as the open reach website should say that the cabinet and exchange is fibre enabled but their is no room left for new orders.

I have spoken to BT this morning through their live chat, and the useless person on the other end told me that my line is accepting orders, so called me and put me through to the orders department only for then to tell me that my line is not enabled for fibre.

I have made a complaint and saved the conversation from the live chat.

Im in the horsham area, my cabinet is number 92, and my local exchange is Horsham carfax.

Does anyone have any advise?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
BT Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre Availability (horsham Area)

@atrower

I believe some areas served by Cab 92 have been rolled out with FTTP (Fibre to the Premises), for example some premises on Churchill Way, Broadbridge Heath have access to FTTP. You would probably be best to contact Openreach with your landline number and address to see what the state of play is via http://superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/contact-us-form.aspx

Also keep checking http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl

Do you see any fibre manifold on telegraph poles near you, or pole mounted fibre splitters?

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
atrower
Message 3 of 8

from what i can tell, all lines are underground, its a new build and their are no telegraph poles around so cant really answer about anything to do with the lines.

Iv contacted openreach from your link, hopefully will get an answer soon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

As some of the properties around you already have FTTP it is also woth contacting the FTTP sales team who may have informatiom.

0 Ratings
atrower
Message 5 of 8

I have just spoken to BT again, who left me on hold to check with openreach what the deal was, basically its a capacity issue, untill openreach increase capacity BTs hands are tied, which i understand.

what i still dont understand though is if i lived one house up the street, their is capacity for me to order.

Guess its just a waiting game.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Just noticed I omitted the number for FTTP sales, sorry about that.

0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
atrower
Message 7 of 8

quick google search and i got it anyway so no problem 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I am also on cabinet 92, moved in about 6 months ago and find this situation entirely frustrating given that I moved from a flat 200m across the road and was getting a good 78mb before I moved (connected to a different cab).  i contacted BT via the contact us address provided in an earlier post and was told that they are planning fttc which seemed a bit strange to me given the area is fttp has anyone else heard of this before?  My impression is that some of the developers on the site have liased with BT when planning and some haven't.  

0 Ratings