cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fibre Availability

Go to solution

I recently moved into a new development and only ADSL with slow speeds are available from BT broadband checker and slow ADSL is all that is currently what I have however when I put in the address right next door to me it says that that  address has access to fibre and much higher speeds. Why is this the case and how would I go about getting fibre to my newly built house.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fibre Availability

Go to solution

As it is a new build has the developer arranged for FTTP?

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
I am not sure, would I have to contact the developer or is there another way i can find out ?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Does the Checker say that your neighbour can get FTTC or WBC FTTP, not FTTPoD.

FTTPoD is Fibre to the Premises and will usually show as being available to everyone on FTTC but it’s a unique Business Product and you could end up paying tens of thousands for it.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
it does not give specifics when using https://www.bt.com/broadband/availability/
It simply states that the house right next door to me has access to fibre 1 and that my address does not.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I am not entirely sure what this information means so I took 2 screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/DA4P8I7
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

the checker results show FTTC available to you but you have cut of the same information for your neighbour

it probable is you need to get a phone line with adsl connection then once registered you can upgrade to fibre connection

can you use the camera icon to upload pics to post as makes it easier to read

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
I have has a phone line and ADSL installed by BT on the 27th. I don't believe i cropped any information out except the address. When checking on BT for upgrades to my broadband there is no option for higher speed broadband or any sort of fibre.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

my fault in misreading what you posted - your neighbour being top pic shows fibre available and yours being bottom pic does not.  I think you need to run the checker again in about a week after openreach database has been updated following you connection and then see what is available 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.