cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgraves
Message 1 of 3

Fibre Available on all nearby cabinets but not mine. Only stock answers from BT

I've been living in the same address in Tooting for the last two years, every time I've looked at getting broadband the broadband checker sites says BT are exploring solutions. Now I've done some checking and my exchange is enabled as are all the cabinets near to me (ie the top half of my street can get fibre) but my cabinet (cabinet 52) is for some reason not fibre enabled. 

Anyone know why this may be, I run a tech firm and work from home a lot so this really does affect my business and seems ridiculous I can't get fibre in the middle of London. I've spoken to BT but the staff there reel off the same canned phrases that the website gives me.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre Available on all nearby cabinets but not mine. Only stock answers from BT

BT staff have no access to any information different to you. Only Openreach are privy to that information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre Available on all nearby cabinets but not mine. Only stock answers from BT

@paulgraves wrote:

Anyone know why this may be, I run a tech firm and work from home a lot so this really does affect my business and

You would be better off investigating a proper business package, as business use of a residential account is not permitted anyway.

0 Ratings