Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jojo22
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Fibre Broadband Availability

Hi

Quite a few residents in my village have been able to order fibre in the last couple of weeks, after waiting a few years. 
There are about half that can't order fibre. My neigbour who is only next door but one to myself has also
ordered fibre.

It seems very unfair that the remaining residents including myself cannot order fibre. Could you please advise if we will also be able to order it soon? I was connected to the same cabinet as my neighbour next door but one, and my line has now been moved to a cabinet 2.5 miles away only recently? I have since had quite a few people stating they can't hear me very well on my landline.

Could you please advise or help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre Broadband Availability

Enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number. http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

It is highly unusual for openreach to change your line routing to a different cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jojo22
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi

This is the result I got:

BT.png

I was on cabinet 11 the same as my neighbour and for some reason have been moved to cabinet 1. Is there anything that can be done so that the rest of us also get fibre. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

@jojo22 wrote:

Hi

This is the result I got:

BT.png

I was on cabinet 11 the same as my neighbour and for some reason have been moved to cabinet 1. Is there anything that can be done so that the rest of us also get fibre. 

Thanks

See https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/help-support/when-can-i-get-fibre-faqs

"Unfortunately not. We can’t move a line that’s already connected to a home or business from one cabinet to another."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

I suggest you contact SuperfastWales for more info.

0 Ratings
jojo22
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for the link.
It's just grossly unfair that half of our village can now order fibre and it seems the rest of us have to just accept this, its just so unjust. Maybe I should raise a complaint with my MP?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Cab 1 has been fibre enabled since august 2017.  As you are not showing any FTTC that suggests you are to far from your cabinet to get fibre. Just because your neighbour is on cab 11 does not mean you would be connected to the same cabinet. It is not unusual for you to be connected to same pole but routed to different cabinets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jojo22
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

I was originally connected to cabinet 11, its only recently that i've noticed the cabinet i'm connected to is now cabinet 1? Also its not just my neighbour that can now order fibre, its about half the village. Its just completely unjust & the rest of us that can't order fibre shouldn't have to accept this.
0 Ratings
Starwire
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

If it’s a BDUK Funded DSLAM you need to check with the Local Authority in charge of it.

To keep down costs the BDUK prefer to use ‘Price Work’ Contractors to Install the Infrastructure. As they’re on Price Work they have this tendency to get it in as quickly as possible and not check what they’ve done is correct or even complete before signing it off and moving onto the next job. Why only earn £100 that day doing one job properly when you can earn £300 doing three bodged jobs.

If you were supposed to be connected to the new PCP and they haven’t done it they are legally obliged to go back out and complete the work they were paid to do.
0 Ratings
jojo22
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Hi, I'm not sure if it is BDUK funded, is there a way of checking this? If it is would I need to contact my local council to explain the situation?
0 Ratings